Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Darts anyone??

I have been waiting to construct a cabinet to house the Widdy dart board that I purchased months ago to be hung in the bar room. You can't have a bar room and not have a dart board in it!!!



With the cooler weather moving in, it is time to get back into the wood working shop and crank out some projects. Besides this cabinet, other projects planned for the bar room include a number of picture frames I need to build to hold a number of racing oriented lithographs. Also planned in a pool cue rack and a display shelf kind of thing for the wall behind the bar. I might even incorporate a mirror into it, though I have been wanting to make this huge display kind of framework to pin up a ton of racing pictures from the past. I don't know what I'm doing with that yet.



Anyway, the cabinet below is constructed of red oak with walnut panels in the doors. This combination is in keeping with the decor of the entire bar room. I used the same Waterlox marine sealer and high gloss finish on the cabinet that I used on all of the wood in the room and it continues to impress me with its finish and shine.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com





If you look closely, you can see that the board is lit by a strip of small lights at the top of the inside of the cabinet. Obviously, the doors are also used to house two dozen Widdy wooden and steel tipped darts.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home